This may be the easiest recipe ever, and I still managed to screw it up on my first try. I’m pretty notorious for not being the best cook in my family, but I’m definitely getting better!
2 Sheets of Aluminum Foil
1 Baking Sheet
4 Sheets of Matza, you can use the extra for “matza pizza”.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Lay pieces of matza on a baking sheet. I used wax paper to keep it from sticking, and that was the worst idea ever. Don’t use wax paper, use aluminum foil.
3) Heat the carmel sauce in the microwave for about 15 seconds, and spread across the matza. Use a rubber spatula to spread it evenly.
4) Place the carmel covered matza in the oven for about 10 minutes – keep an eye on it, because it can burn easily. It’s ready when you see the carmel bubbling.
5) Remove from the oven and place chocolate chips on top, the chips will soften, and you’ll be able to spread them out with a rubber spatula. If you decide you need to add more chocolate, but it’s getting cold, just pop it back in the oven for about 2 minutes.
6) Once the chocolate has melted and is spread out evenly, pour on the toppings! I broke mine up into sections, some had heath bar, some had almonds, a little had sea salt (Omg, sea salt + carmel = heaven) and some had coconut! This is one of those “grab everything delicious in your pantry”, since it’s sweet and salty, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of ideas.
7) Once you’ve got your toppings on, place the tray in the fridge for about 15 minutes, so it hardens.
8) Take it out of the fridge, and break it up into sections for everyone to share, and demolish.
SO easy right?! I hope you enjoyed it!Read more →